Saturday, February 28, 2009

Prayers for Baby Jonah

Since I've been on bed rest, there have been so many times that I've come across those in need of prayer... usually for their just born babies - some who have passed shortly after their birth, and others who are struggling to survive. It breaks my heart to read of these stories, and being pregnant myself, it scares the heck out of me at the same time. Each time I see a request for prayers with a link to a story, I hesitate to click on it, thinking I simply can not take on any more sadness, grief, and worry when it comes to these sweet babies of the world. But then God gently nudges me to go ahead and click on the link, read the story, and lift the family up in prayer. I'll be honest, I don't know if it is just one more way to know Him more, and see His presence, or if there is some other deeper meaning. And in full honesty, as I sit here crying, it scares me a little. I guess it just hits a little too close to home.

Today I read about sweet baby Jonah, and I ask that you join me in praying for him and his family. Jonah's parents lost their first child about a year ago, and now during a time that should be filled with happiness and joy is instead filled with worry, sadness, and uncertainty as they deal with the discovery of a very serious skin disorder that Jonah was born with.

Please pray for strength and peace for Patrice and Matt during this difficult time, for the doctors and nurses to be guided by God's hands and direction, and for the best for this little boy. Don't hesitate to pray for a miracle for baby Jonah. We know how the Lord can work. :)

No comments: