Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good News!

It's been such a good week.

* We were approved for a mortgage, so we're currently in pursuit of our first home. So very exciting!



* I had my OB appointment today, and based on the ultrasound from Tuesday, my placenta has moved! I no longer have previa, though I have a "low-lying" placenta. My doctor said there is an 80% chance of it continuing to move up, and about a 20% chance of it staying where it is. (There is less than a 1% chance of it reverting downward, which he said is really rare.) This is all very exciting for many reasons. 1) I am now "eligible" for a regular delivery instead of a c-section. Oy. I had just started to wrap my head around the idea of a c-section. Now I have to come to terms with the possibility of a vaginal delivery. Of course, there are pros and cons of both. I was okay with the c-section because it gave me a set date for delivery, which would allow my family from out of state to make travel plans if they wish, and would just overall be good for hubby and I in preparing. Cons - major surgery and longer recovery time. Pros of regular delivery - less recovery time. Ultimately though, method of delivery will depend on a number of thing, including how things go between now and then, and how big the baby is. She's already measuring about 2-2 1/2 pounds (65th percentile), and there's over three months to go. Hubby was a big baby, as were his siblings, and his mom had to have c-sections, so we'll see. But what this also means is 2) I'm no longer on bed rest, and can return to work! We're starting out part-time to see how it goes, and then I have another doctor's appointment in 3 weeks, and we'll reassess things then. If things are going well, I can return to work full time. Of course, I'm planning on taking it easy, and not overdoing it. The last thing I want is to be back on bed rest. But this means I won't be losing my job, have to switch to hubby's health insurance, etc. I am a little nervous, as can be expected, but anxious to resume a somewhat normal lifestyle again.

* And to top it all off, I get to see my sweet nephews this weekend, along with my brother, sister, and parents. We're celebrating Luke's 4th birthday, with a Star Wars themed party. I haven't seen my nephews since October, so am very excited to see them! I only wish they could stay longer.


Yay for good news and many blessings!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, this HAS been a great week for you!

Congrats on getting a new house soon! You better post pics. :)

Congrats on being off bed rest! Omg, so exciting. I bet you're so relieved.

And congrats on seeing your nephews!!

Oh ya, btw, when I had Saylor my doctor induced me. It was wonderful. I didn't want to at first {I'm not sure why} but I'm so glad we did. We were able to coordinate it with Tahner finishing up the school year and starting summer school, along with family. It worked out great!!

That's just what he likes to do. He does it for 80% of his patients. It doesn't hurt to ask!!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

Wow that's great!! Everything looks like it's falling into place. You must be so thrilled beyond words about the placenta, the house, seeing your family. The only thing that can top this week is to have your baby girl in your arms!! At least you're prepared for anything now...c-section or vaginal birth. You're right, they're both scary and there are pros and cons to both. No matter which way the little darling comes out is good.

Congratulations on an exciting week!!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Amber said...

I'd notice!! I know it's morbid, but actually, one of the blogs I follow has been MIA for almost 2 weeks now. She does a weekly series, and has been gone for 2 weeks. It just gets me a little worried. I keep checking in, and so many people are asking where she's at & if she's okay.

Just makes you think, ya know...