Saturday, July 18, 2009

One Month Old

Happy One Month Birthday, Katie-bean!!

I can't believe it has already been a month! It seems like just yesterday that I was in labor, awaiting your arrival. This first month has been an emotional whirlwind, little girl. As difficult as it has been, I wouldn't trade it for anything if it meant that you weren't in my life.

Let's see what you're up to this month...

You are already 10 pounds! And you eat every 2-3 hours. I think you have your Daddy's appetite. :)

Katie, you are such a delight, even at 1, 3, and 5 in the morning. :) Daddy and I love to watch the many facial expressions you have - Mommy's favorite is the pursed lip look, and I think Daddy gets a kick out of your scowling furrowed brow look (it's very similar to a look that Daddy gives Mommy to make her laugh). You also stick out your bottom lower lip when you're upset and about to cry.


(pursed lip)


(furrowed brow)

You are such a mover! We place you down for a nap straight in your pack and play, and within minutes you are diagonal. When you're waking up, you reach your arms above your head and stretch so big. You're also very noisy. You grunt, squeak, and make all kinds of other noises when you're waking up. And if you're mad when someone is holding you, you stand right up on your legs against that person's legs. You're such a strong girl!

Mommy compares you to a baby chick all the time - for two reasons. One, when you're hungry, you "peck" like a chicken on my shoulder when I'm holding you. Two, after a bath, if Mommy doesn't brush your hair fast enough, it will dry sticking straight up. This look is what Mommy refers to as "fuzzy chicken head hair."




You are so sweet when you're falling asleep - you oftentimes will break out in a smile, and I think you even have your Daddy's dimples. Shh, don't tell him I'm talking about his dimples.

Speaking of Daddy, he loves to "boop" your nose. He is convinced that you like it.



The same day you turned 3 weeks old, you gave Mommy the sweetest grin. And I've seen it several times since. It melts my heart.

But then again, so do you.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Jodi,
I loved this post. It made me smile so much. Glad to hear that things are going well. Love all the adorable pictures!