Monday, April 7, 2008

Hello, Goodbye

While this blog may be new, I'm not new to the blogging world. I had a previous blog from a previous email address from a previous time with my previous (maiden) name. (Got all that)? After getting married last August, I decided to start a new blog. While I love fresh starts, I'm a big procrastinator as you can clearly see. So here I am, nearly 8 months later with my first entry in this here new blog.

I could take the time to tell you more about me - who I am, what I like, what I don't like, my hobbies, my interests, my inspirations, life goals, etc. etc. etc. - however, something weighs more heavily on my mind today that I would like to share with all of you.

I'm sure most of you woke this morning, mourning the weekend and begrudgingly welcoming the beginning of a new work week. You may have hit the snooze button a few extra times this morning, until you finally pulled yourself out of bed and into the hot shower. After getting dressed and ready for the day, you may have gathered some extra strong coffee into your travel mug and headed to the office...

What I'm saying is, that while many of you are going about your typical Monday, there is a family who faces a Monday like no other. This family's story has touched my heart in so many ways. And my thoughts and prayers are with them today in full force.

Please take a moment from your day to read the story of Audrey Caroline. And please send some good thoughts, prayers - whatever it is that you do - to this family during this scary, unknown, sad, but joyous time; as it is a time for hello's and possibly goodbyes.

Jodi

No comments: