Monday, May 18, 2009

Encyclopedia of Me: B

Blond: Yep, I'm a natural blond. In the summer-times growing up, my hair would lighten so much it looked white. My parents divorced when I was young, and I lived with my mother who has dark brown hair. I remember often that strangers would ask me where I got my blond hair from, and I'd cleverly reply, "The Mailman," which someone taught me to say along the way. That always produced a chuckle from the adult inquiring. I never really knew what it meant, until I was old enough to know. And to set things straight, the blond hair came from my Dad.

Bears: As in teddy bears. Yep, I've got me a collection of them, I'm embarrassed to admit. I didn't intend to have a collection of teddy bears, but one grew into two grew into forty or so. There are some bears that are strictly holiday bears, and get packed and put out with the Christmas decorations. Some I plan on passing along to the baby - well probably all of them, since I really don't have a use for them.

Butterflies: I think butterflies are beautiful, wondrous, delicate creatures. I love all the many types and colors of butterflies. I'd like to think that in a past life, I may have been a butterfly, quietly fluttering around the world.

Books: I have always loved to read. When I was young, you could find my nose in a book the majority of the time. Sometimes I'd finish one or two books in a day. I loved Yhe Babysitter's Club books, as well as mystery or any type of series. I still enjoy reading as an adult, but I don't make enough time for it. Some of my favorite books and authors include: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (seriously, seriously go get and read this book - it's life-altering), and anything by Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult.

Bamboo: The only plant I have managed to keep alive is the bamboo plant that I have had for 7 or so years. I even gave my bamboo plant a name: Bam-bam. Did you know bamboo plants are thought to bring people luck?

No comments: