Sunday, May 17, 2009

Updates and what's on my plate

Baby Bean is doing well. I had a little scare on Thursday when the doctor called to say he wanted to see me to do another ultrasound in his office to check on the amniotic fluid levels. If they were still low, he wanted to deliver early. Imagine where my mind was at with that news! I was driving an hour home from work, and my thoughts were all over the place. Thankfully the u/s showed the fluid levels to be over double the amount from the previous day, and she passed all of the other aspects of the test he was looking for. The doctor wanted me to have the u/s repeated the next day at the hospital to be sure they saw the same things he did, and thankfully, they did. She scored an 8 out of an 8, and everything is looking good. She's also passing all her nonstress tests with flying colors.

I am 35 weeks tomorrow. Hubby and I had a tour of the maternity ward of the hospital yesterday. It's all seeming so much more real - scary and exciting all at the same time. I'm still very nervous about delivery, and I think it's a fear of the unknown - not knowing what to expect, what the pain will be, and praying there are no complications for me or baby. Hubby is worried about passing out during delivery and about holding the baby. ;)

I am off to do some packing. In a little over a month we will be closing on our house. Wow! And at anytime, this little bundle of joy growing inside of me could be making her entrance into this world. I definitely need to finish packing my hospital bag, and just trying to be as prepared as I can ahead of time. It's crazy to be having a baby, and closing and moving to a new home at the same time. Somehow, though, it will all work out.



In other news, this little guy is sick. 102.8 fever, ear infection, cold, and conjunctivitis. Poor little guy. I wish I could take it all away for him.

No comments: