Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF!!

Happy Friday. Seriously, TGIF!

I haven’t been feeling much like myself the last few days. I’m a little stand-offish, as noted by coworkers, but I think my body is just going through some pregnancy-related changes, and I’ve just needed some space and quiet time. I’ve had some back pain the last few days, showed some irregular contractions on my NST on Thursday, and have had some strong Braxton Hicks lately. I know it’s just my body gearing up for the big day, whether that be in the next few days, or weeks.

Speaking of which, I’m getting more and more nervous about the big day – specifically, labor and delivery. DH and I watched the video Laugh and Learn about Childbirth, since we weren’t able to make it to childbirth classes, and to be honest, I’m more nervous now than I was before I watched them! Guess I should have listened to my husband’s advice that ignorance is bliss. I think it’s the fear of the unknown, and worrying about things that could go wrong. With all the complications I’ve had with this pregnancy, it all makes me even more anxious. I just hope and pray for a safe, complication-free, quick and easy, and pain-free as possible labor and delivery. And that my little girl is 100% healthy with no complications, health, physical, or mental issues.

This weekend’s plans include finishing packing the hospital bag (it’s almost done, and some things will need to remain out until the day of, as I use them daily), picking up the apartment (so hard to be motivated to do when you’re a few weeks away from moving), and doing some packing. I can only hope that I have the motivation and energy to make some good headway on these things. I’m definitely looking forward to sleeping in a bit tomorrow, as I haven’t been sleeping well the last few nights.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: