Tuesday, November 30, 2010

25 days...

It's the last day of November - can you believe it? This year has just flown by.

We had a nice Thanksgiving, and the in-laws watched the little miss while the hubs and I did some Black Friday shopping. We were out of the house by 3:45 am in hopes of scoring some great deals. I succeeded, while the hubs, well, did not. We split up in the mall, and when I called him to reconnect an hour later, he was sitting in the food court, and had been for the majority of the time we were apart. Oops. I felt pretty bad. We attempted to do our Christmas shopping for Katie, but decided we didn't need to battle the crowds and the lines for things that weren't necessarily on sale at 5 in the morning. Instead, we grabbed some breakfast, went back home and slept for 2 hours before heading out to another mall. We had a fun-filled day of shopping for Katie (what a fun age this year!), had a nice (quiet) lunch together, followed by more shopping afterward. It was an exhausting day, and by the time we got back home around 8 pm, I succumbed to my bed.

25 days until Christmas, and I'm super excited! We did some decorating around the house over the weekend, but I still have more to do. I love the warm, cozy feeling of this time of year. I've got a few more Christmas gifts to buy. I'm ordering our Christmas cards tonight. And then the rest of the month will be spent preparing for company, and simply enjoying time with family and friends.

What about you? What are your holiday plans? Do you have all your Christmas shopping done, or have you barely started?http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


P.S. Don't forget to watch Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, tonight at 8pm EST. For more Holiday TV Scheduling for the remainder of the month, go here. Pencil it in on the calendar, on a sticky note, or DVR it if you need to, but don't miss out on your favorite Holiday Shows!

No comments: