Friday, January 28, 2011

Five for Friday


1. Every day when I'm driving to pick up Katie from day care at 5pm, I pass a house with a big picture window. And every day at exactly the same time, the family is gathering to sit down for dinner. Every day, I think about how nice this is. And then I think, that poor woman who has to make sure dinner is on the table by 5pm on the dot, each night. (Though perhaps someone else does the cooking - I'm just assuming.)  
 
2. I'm ready for spring. I'm tired of the cold and the snow. Seriously, if we get any more snow, I don't know where we'll put it. This winter has been extraordinary. The snowbanks are dangerously high at intersections, and well, it's just not fun anymore! I'm ok with the first few snow falls, but after the holidays, I'm ready for it to be done.

3. Each morning this week when I awoke, I thought it was the weekend. Every single morning. That is not the way to start your (work) day.

4. I've been craving lots of sweets lately. Mostly candy. Especially those Sweetart Hearts that are out right now for Valentine's Day. Mmm. I try very hard to eat healthy, so when I do indulge my craving, I end up feeling pretty sick to my stomach for a couple of hours. You would think I'd learn.

5. I'm so thankful it's the weekend. We don't have any major plans, and that's exactly how I like it after being on the go almost non-stop since the holidays. Hopefully we'll get to some neglected housework and laundry, while mixing in some fun and relaxation. What are your weekend plans?

    No comments: