Friday, February 11, 2011

Five for Friday

  1. My little girl is Little Miss Manners lately. She's been saying, "More, please" for a while now, and over the last few days she's been saying, "No, thank you." Katie, would you like a snack? "No, thank you." Katie, would you like some juice? "No, thank you." I love it! I'm just waiting for her to use it to her advantage though. Katie, please come get your diaper changed. "No, thank you." ;)
  2. Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and my husband keeps asking me what I want, but will not tell me what he wants. So, we keep having the same conversation - Him: What do you want for Valentine's Day?" Me: Nothing. What do you want? Him: Nothing. What do you want? Rinse. Lather. Repeat. (Or is that Lather, Rinse, Repeat?) I have a feeling we'll be asking these same questions of each other come Monday. I did pick up a few things for Katie though, much to my husband's chagrin who thinks Valentine's Day is only for couples. Katie and I will also be making Valentine's cupcakes for the occasion. Any excuse for making and eating cupcakes is a good one, right? Yum!
  3. 13 weeks until my due date. 13 weeks. Sometimes it feels like it's coming too fast. Other times it feels like time is passing so slow. Especially when I'm experiencing the back aches and other common symptoms of pregnancy. I mean, it does get hard to breathe sometimes when you have a giant basketball belly. I'm just saying. And getting up from a seated position on the floor? Forget it.
  4. I've been baking more. Yes, me. Baking. For those who know me - I can cook, but I can't bake. I'm trying to change that. I've had two successful batches of homemade chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, and I'm pretty good at the cupcake thing. I think I'll stick with the basics for a bit, and then look to expand my recipe repertoire.
  5. Ahh, it's officially my weekend. I've got just a few must-get-dones on the to-do list. Let's see if it'll actually be accomplished. :)

No comments: