Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Remember

I remember.

I remember that sweet button nose, and how it was the strongest memory I had of you when they wheeled you out of the hospital room and took you away from me. That, and the soft pink knit hat you wore on your newborn head. The same hat I slept with when I returned home, alone, and had to leave you at the hospital for the first time.

I remember you now, your sweet sparkly eyes. Those same eyes that everyone comments on. Even strangers, the ones who stop me out in public simply to tell me how beautiful you are.

I remember the last moment when you would be our only child, that last moment before we would welcome your baby sister into this world, and into our lives. I remember watching you as you sucked from your sippy cup in your playroom, and I wondered how our lives would all be changing.

I remember the nausea, the room spinning, and then that moment when they held you, my youngest daughter up, to show me. I remember yellow. Which is now your favorite color...

I remember being brought back to the hospital room, concerns about my extremely low blood pressure. I remember how everything else faded away when they placed you on my chest for the first time. I remember just taking you all in.

I remember.



This blog post is part of Five Minute Friday hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Please stop by, and join in.


9 comments:

Hayley! said...

How sweet! Isn't it great how the whole world stops when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time! Loved reading from FMF link up!

www.beautifulxchange.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, this brought up fond memories of when I got to see my little one for the first time!

Mommy, LCSW said...

Lovely! I almost wrote about the first time I met my little one today, too. It's such a great memory to hold on to!

Unknown said...

Jodi, beautiful memories captured in your post! Thank you for sharing them. It brings back all my memories of button noses and sippy cups :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go writing your first FMF! It has become something I truly look forward to doing even if the word doesn't jump out at me! Keep going, you have a very pretty way of writing!

Unknown said...

Jodi
After you have taken all of them in, you never let them go for a world lives forever in your heart!
Much love
Mia

Unknown said...

All I can say is Amen! (and welcome to FMF).

erin said...

Hooray for your first FMF! I wrote about the first time I held my little one as well.

Positively Alene said...

Welcome to the FMF community! Thankful to stop by your place, even though you have me in tears. My children are grown, but oh man do I ever remember those precious moments.