Friday, July 18, 2014

Hanging in there

Summers around here are always busy. It seems like the weekends are getting quickly booked up with parties, cook outs, trips to the zoo, plans to see family, and our traditional camping trip in Maine next month. Yard work? Laundry? Lazy Saturday mornings? What are all those again?

I've been unwell for the last few weeks. It started out as stomach pain that came and went, and then just kind of inhabited my body for good. it's been low, high (under my right breast), in my back, on my side. It's been dull and achy, and at times sharp. I'm not sure what is causing it, and it seems like the doctors don't seem to know either. 

I had a urine test, which showed bilirubin was present. Bilirubin is a liver enzyme. The urine was sent to the lab for further testing. I was ordered a plethora of blood work as well, including liver function panel. Everything came back normal, except for the bilirubin in the urine. I'm still uncomfortable and in pain. I'm not sure what the next step will be, as my doctor is out today. Has anyone dealt with something like this before?

Weekend is busy of course. Visiting little brother at his new place tomorrow , and a birthday party on Sunday. Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments: