Wow, things have been so busy! At the end of August, my little brother was visiting for a week. That following weekend we had my family and dh’s family over for a big ol’ lobster dinner, and then that following Monday, I returned to work. What with being back to work, I hardly have any time to get online these days, and usually if I do, it’s on the weekends. But our weekends have also been so busy! We've attended a wedding, visited family, had family visit us, and then last weekend I was sick, (still am). And guess how this weekend is looking? Jam-packed!
But the big news today is that Katie is three months old!!
Happy 3 Month Birthday, Katie!!
Let’s see what you're up to these days:
- Still doing a wonderful job sleeping at night, usually only getting up once to eat. Thank you for that. ;)
- You moved from your bassinet to your crib, which I think was much harder on Mommy and Daddy than on you, even though the crib is in our bedroom!
- You are holding your own head up more and more every day. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard people comment on how strong you are for your age.
- You love to be sitting upright or standing. You'll actually pull yourself into a sitting position if someone is holding you in a reclined position.
- You're grasping and holding things on your own now. It's so fun to see you curious about your world, and able to engage directly in it.
- You love your mobile, and get so excited watching it. You'll actually squeal with excitement when it's on.
- You still love bath time, though you're giving me a run for my money with all the splashing you do, and you adore you pirate rubber ducky! You try eating his bill, and when he gets too slippery for you to hold and falls back into the water, you'll try to pick him up with your feet.
- You are intrigued by the television. Seriously – if the tv is on, you don't pay anyone much attention.And even when it's not on, you stare at the screen and get so excited.
- You're still continuing to grow by leaps and bounds, and roll by roll. ;) My little chunka munk.
- Your hands are always in your mouth. And sometimes we find you sucking on just your thumb.
- You're "talking" more and more, and it's really fun to hear you exploring the sounds you can make.
- You've officially rolled onto your side, and tonight you rolled from your side back onto your back!
Katie, you are such a happy and easy-going baby. People are always commenting on how "good" and content you are. You really only cry when you're hungry, tired, or need a diaper change. And lately, your cries are starting to turn into angry grumbles. Daddy and I can't help but chuckle at you sometimes when you do this.
You've completely captured all of my heart, and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. I love you so much, my sweet girl.